SGTD is destined to be the most modern deep sea port and the suitable logistic platform to serve as a natural gateway for Ethiopia and the Central African landlocked countries.
Located at the Southern entrance of the Red Sea where three continents (Asia, Africa and Europe) intersect, SGTD aims to serve as a Regional hub for the transshipment for the Red Sea and Indian Ocean.
Djibouti logistic platform offers many competitive advantages that deliver toSGTD a further added value to comply with the international standards and requirements in terminal operations, among those highlighted points:
Though being in an unstable region,the Republic of Djibouti enjoys a political stability, it is a safe haven for living and business.
• Strategic location at the gateway of East Africa at the intersection of main maritime routes
• Minimum deviation from those routes
• Natural port for Ethiopia (we handle 98% of Ethiopian cargoes)
• Availability of World Class Facilities
•SGTD for containerized goods.
• Port of Djibouti for general cargo, containerised goods, break bulk and livestock.
• Horizon Terminals for liquid bulk, oil and Petro-Chemical products.
• Djibouti Free Zone for logistic platform and procurement & distribution center with Attractive Business Climate
• Commitment from Government of Djibouti via Djibouti Ports & Free Zones Authority to adopt a very proactive approach with respect to foreign direct investment and to Public Private Partnerships (PPP). Partnership with world class leaders in Port and Free Zones management (DP World & JAFZA)
• Djibouti Franc has a fixed parity with the US Dollars, 1$ = 177.7 DJF.
• Banking system: presence of 12 banks
• Expertise and best practice, efficient and fast customs clearance processes Safe as well as Cost effective solution
• Secured and well maintained corridor
• Reduced transit time and cost